Wednesday, February 4, 2009

English Football's Foreign Legion - Who have your club signed?

With the transfer window once again seeing English clubs grabbing talent from literally throughout the world, I was intrigued as to whether I could find website's which sold replica soccer jerseys for the huge variety of national teams that have been brought into the English league in the last month or so. Like many English football fans, I have been a long time collector of rare and unusual football shirts from across the globe and I already proudly sport the likes of Nepal and Bolivia in my wardrobe! Indeed, with the recent arrival of a Mexican international at my local club, I thought it would be fun to have a look online for the latest Adidas Mexico Away Jersey - particularly as I have never seen a Mexico shirt in a UK high street store before. I was glad to find it was actually a very attractive shirt and was available at a reasonable price, so I opted to have it shipped over from the US. When it arrived I was certainly not disappointed. It is not only a very comfortable kit to play in down at the local 5-a-side pitches (being made from Adidas' climacool material and having 3 quarter length sleeves gives it sufficient warmth for a UK winter whilst maintaining very good breathability) but also more significantly - it certainly turns heads down at the local pubs in Leeds! I can imagine a lot of Arsenal fans itching to get hold of the Russian national shirts after their acquisition of a certain Mr. Arshavin, so why not check them out online!

No comments: